Thank you for visiting our website https://www.amivetexports.co.uk/. These terms include important information – please read them carefully. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
1. These terms
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which you may access and use our website.
1.2 Other terms that apply. The following terms (available on our website) also apply in the following circumstances:
|This applies when you provide us with any personal data. It explains what personal data we collect and how we use it.
1.3 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
2.1 Who we are. We are Amivet Limited, trading under the business name below.
Amivet Limited is also part of IVC Evidensia Group.
2.2 Our company details. Our company details are as follows:
|The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU
|Place of Registration
|England and Wales
2.3 How to contact us. You can contact us directly at the contact details published on our website.
3. Your acceptance of these terms.
By using this website, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not access or use this website.
4. We may make changes to this website
We may update or change our website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes that we make.
5. We may suspend or withdraw our website
5.1 Our website is made available free of charge.
5.2 We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
6. We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these terms.
7. Our website is only for users in the UK
Our website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
8. You must keep any account details safe
8.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat that information as confidential. You must not disclose that information to any third party. You will be responsible for any use of that information unless resulting from something that we have done or our failure to do something that we should have done.
8.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us using the contact details on our website.
9. How you may use material on our website
9.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
9.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website.
9.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
9.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
9.5 You must not use any part of the content on our website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
10. Do not rely on information on this website
10.1 The content on our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice from a qualified veterinary surgeon before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content or guidance on our website.
10.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our website is accurate, complete or up to date.
10.3 We do not accept any liability whatsoever for the advice on our website, or for any assumptions made from the information.
11. We are not responsible for websites we link to
11.1 Where our website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
11.2 We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
12. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
12.1 All users
- Our website may include links to goods or services provided by us through our other websites or by third parties. Your purchase and use of those goods or services are subject to the terms and conditions on those websites or of those third parties. We do not accept any liability in respect of any of them.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused to a human being by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms of Sale.
12.2 If you are a consumer user
- Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12.3 If you are a business user
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
13. How we may use your personal information
14. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
14.1 We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
14.2 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website. You should use your own virus protection software.
14.3 You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
15. Rules about linking to and using our website
15.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair, legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. The website in which you are linking must comply with reasonable socially acceptable standards.
15.2 You must not:
- Establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists;
- Establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you;
- Frame our website on any other website; or
- Create a link to any part of our website other than the homepage.
15.3 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
15.4 You may use our website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our website:
- In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way;
- To bully, insult, offend, intimidate, humiliate or discrimination against any person;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these terms and conditions;
- To infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software of hardware.
15.4 You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage of disrupt any part of our website, any equipment or network to which our website is stored, any software used in the provision of our sit or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
15.6 If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact us at the practice address, telephone or email address above.
16 Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
16.1 If you are a consumer user
- If you are a consumer, please note that these terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
16.2 If you are a business user
17. Our use of user generated content
17.1 We’d love to feature your social media content on our social channels, subject always to asking your permission in advance. By giving us permission you agree that:
- we can use your social media handle and the content (together the “Content”) on any of Independent Vetcare Limited or its affiliated group companies (together being the “IVC Group(s)”) websites and/or social media platforms worldwide, including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram, royalty free and in perpetuity subject to the below removal rights;
- we can edit, crop, adapt, enhance or modify the Content, but we will not treat you in a derogatory manner; and
- we can include the Content in any IVC Group paid promotions on social media or otherwise.
17.2 In posting the Content, you promise that you:
- have the permission of everyone in the Content for it to be posted on social media;
- have the right to grant the IVC Group the above rights;
- are aged 18 or over; and
- hereby release the IVC Group from any liability related in any way to its use of the Content.
17.3 If you (or anyone in the Content) asks us to remove the Content, we will remove the Content from the social media accounts that we control.
17.4 You understand that other users of these social media platforms can also share and make use of the Content once posted. In particular, a user of these platforms can take a screenshot of and save an image of the Content to their device, share the Content on social media platforms or websites which feature the Content. If you do not want to grant the permissions set out above then please do not give us consent to use the Content.
18. Our trade marks are registered
All of our own company or brand logos that are displayed on our website are UK registered trade marks of Independent Vetcare Limited. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under Section 10 (How you may use material on our website).
19. We may make changes to these terms
19.1 We may amend these terms from time to time. We recommend that you check them each time you use our website to make sure that you are aware and understand the terms that apply at that time.
19.2 These terms were most recently updated on 1 October 2022.