Version date: 15/09/2023
This policy should be read together with our Privacy Notice which tells you how and why we collect, use (‘process’) your personal data. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal data and provides details of how to contact us.
This policy may be updated from time to time, so please check back regularly.
1. Who we are
This website is operated by Amivet Limited. Our company number is 07261834. Our registered office address is The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, England, BS31 2AU.
Amivet Limited is also part of IVC Evidensia Group
2. Our website
3. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which may already be stored on your device, or which is placed onto your device (e.g., computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website. Some cookies can help services to recognize you and your device and store some information about their customers and their devices and may store some information about customer preferences, consents, and past actions. Cookie data itself does not contain any personal information but they can when combined with other information be used to identify you. If you are interested in finding out more about cookies, please visit https://allaboutcookies.org/what-is-a-cookie.
We also use another type of tracking technology called pixels (sometimes referred to as tags). Unlike a cookie which is stored on your device, a pixel is a tiny piece of code that collects information about a visitor to a website and their behaviours on the site (such as how they browse and what types of actions they take). These tiny pieces of code can be linked to users via unique identifiers.
What is the difference between a cookie and a pixel?
Tracking pixels and cookies are very similar and are often used simultaneously. They both serve similar purposes by tracking user activity and behavior. However, the differences are in how the information is delivered and where it is kept. Cookies are dropped on a user’s browser and cannot follow them across devices. Tracking pixels do not rely on the user’s browser but will send information directly to servers. They can follow users across all their devices which allow marketing efforts to be linked across websites and mobile ads.
A key difference is that pixels cannot be disabled like cookies can.
Our website includes Google Analytics pixels.
By consenting to cookies, you are agreeing to the use of these pixels.
4. Who sets cookies?
The cookies stored on your device are set by:
- Amivet Limited
- Third parties who assist us with providing statistics on how our website is used
5. What cookies do we use?
- Enable you to use our website
- Provide more tailored content and improve our website
- Help us to analyze how our visitors navigate and use our website (Google Analytics)
There are three different categories of cookies that we use on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are essential for the operation of our website but do not perform any additional or secondary function. These cookies therefore cannot be turned off without severely affecting your use of the website.
- Functional cookies: These are cookies that help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
- Analytical/performance cookies: Performance cookies are those that provide statistical information on site usage, i.e., web analytics, allowing us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies also allow us to see overall patterns of usage on our site and help us record any difficulties you may have with our site.
We will ask for your consent to place cookies or other similar tracking technologies on your device, except where they are essential for us to provide you with a service to you.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please read the guidance from the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ and https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. If you do change your settings, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website.